Purpose?

Posted by MAKING PROGRESS On Thursday 0 comments
I have recently been asking myself questions about where I am and what I'm doing with my time and energy.  As a Coach at a CrossFit gym I love attempting to understand what everyone's purpose is when they walk through the door.  I get to meet new people all the time and everyone has a reason or a goal when they walk into our facility.  Coaching people is my passion and it is amazing to see people make progress and watch their reason or purpose be practiced.  I have learned a lot as a Coach, I feel like every time I see someone move, have a conversation with them, or watch them succeed or fail there is a lesson with information spilling out all over.

There are so many purposes and every single one is just as important as the next!  If you get off work and use exercise as a stress reliever to clear your head, do it! that's awesome!  If you know you want to live a healthy longer life and maybe learn how to snatch a barbell bam! Sweetness!  If you make a decision to dedicate yourself to always try to do better and build your fitness level to see what your true potential as an athlete is, then own it!! My point is sometimes a purpose is hard to label, it all depends on what the goal is.  Often times I'll get asked a question about fitness or nutrition and cannot answer the question without asking the person what their purpose is.  I love the conversation because sometimes people have overlooked it themselves and it challenges everyone to ask themselves a very interesting question.  Take a look guys and see where you stand and ask yourself the question what is the purpose of me doing this and then build from there!  If you don't have a focused purpose it is easy to get frustrated with yourself or with what you are doing.  Having a focused purpose gives you a direction and an end result to shoot for.  

So like I said I love being a Coach and watching people progress (there is no better thing for me).  I just want to challenge people to understand their purpose and change it if you aren't happy with it.  Remember it is 100% alright if your purpose is to come move and chat it up with the other people at the gym!!  Purposes are different for everyone and they are all amazing in their own way!  Just know that as Coaches we will try to get the best out of you every day! We are here to help people work toward their purpose and even help someone understand what it is they are working towards.  If you get a chance to read this, post something to comments that you are working toward, it doesn't have to be fitness related.  

Everyday is a great day!

Matt B. 
         

0 comments:

Post a Comment