Morning Upgrade

Posted by MAKING PROGRESS On Friday 0 comments
Ahh Good Morning!

"Be generous enough to yourself to enjoy the simple things."


It seems like every time I get up early enough and allow myself time to watch the world wake up around me, it really helps to start my day in the right direction. I imagine the world waking up just as I am. I look out the window and see the sun waking up coming out of the east, and the trees waking up taking off the nigh blanket they were peacefully sleeping under. The house even has the same process. I love being the first one into the kitchen and noticing how it also seems like it had been sleeping until I open the blinds and it gets out of bed for us to start our day.

 When I wake up in the morning and do this I begin to become aware of how many and how much I appreciate certain things in my life. Giving myself time in the morning also allows me to enjoy the mundane sequences of starting the day. Instead of being frustrated about putting the laundry in and making my breakfast I get to be aware during them and enjoy the process. I even had enough time this morning to sit down and write this blog post.

 I have been getting up about 30 mins earlier than normal. It has made me notice a few things. 1)How attached I am to sleep. I didn't realize it but laying in bed until the last second was something I used to do a lot! That made me fly through the morning and sometimes not even become aware until hours later. 2)It also allows me to have a few minutes for myself. I love to read, blog, sit and be aware, listen to music, or just plan my day. Lining my day up with things that I value has become something that is a big morning upgrade for me. It gives my days direction and I get a heck of a lot more done. 3)I also noticed when I do not rush my morning it puts me in an amazing mood, !! I get to focus on enjoying my simple actions or processes of getting my day started.

 My favorite morning process is making my coffee. The smell of the fresh beans and the simplicity of heating the kettle get my senses going every time. I put the water on the stove to boil and move to something else like my eggs to start my breakfast. After a little while I get my coffee beans out and weigh out 37grams with my scale then I grind them just as the water is beginning to boiling. The sound of the kettle whistling and watching the steam come out never gets old to me. I take the water off and let if cool for a little while. Then I pour my coffee grinds into my french press and pour the water slowly watching the grinds absorb the hot water then I wait about 3mins as the room fills up with a delicious coffee smell. I pour my cup of delish chocolate macadamia nut coffee into my favorite Arizona mug or Andiamo's mug and then I put the rest into my travel Andiamo's mug to take to the gym. At this point my breakfast is complete and my coffee is ready. I get to sit and enjoy what I have accomplished.


This is something I enjoy every morning and I have noticed it is part of my routine. When I do not get to relax during it or just be aware and enjoy that moment it changes my mood. It doesn't mean that it changes it negatively, I just notice it changes. Waking up with the things around me has been a great morning upgrade for me! This has been a morning upgrade with Matthew Bryant haha seriously though it has changed the way I see the day.

 Be generous to yourself and think of little things that could upgrade the morning or things that you already do to upgrade the mornings. I would love to hear your upgrade ideas or upgrades that you currently practice.


Post to comments or e-mail me at mbryant3220@gmail.com



Create a great day! Coach/Athlete Matty B

0 comments:

Post a Comment